Kyle Busch: Choice of “Look Away” by Chicago for Intro Music a Coincidence



Bristol Motor Speedway is one of the few tracks that allows drivers to choose “Intro Music” to be played during driver introductions.  And while most drivers pick something from the hard rock or country genres, the choice of song by Kyle Busch has raised more than a few eyebrows.

Who knew that a churlish
personality would drive away
so many sponsors? (image
 courtesy TaurusEmerald
via Wikipedia)

“What can I say—I love power ballads written by Diane Warren”, Kyle Busch said, explaining his choice of “Look Away” by Chicago for his intro music.  “I’m lucky in that I married the love of my life, but we’ve all dealt with heartbreak in one way or another, be it losing a group of friends due to something out of our control, or the ending of a fifteen year professional relationship.”

The song, which reached #1 in 1988 for the long-running pop/rock group, is about a man who publicly is happy for his ex moving on with a new boyfriend, but privately deals with feelings of rejection and regret.

“We all deal with regret, don’t we?”, Busch said.  “I regret all sorts of things, from bad race setups to agreeing to mentor a little snot-nosed kid who will likely take over my ride at a team I spent over a dozen years building.  But the important thing is to learn how to move on, even if you know deep down that things will never be as good as they once were.”

Busch, who is considered a favorite at The World’s Fastest Half-Mile, seemed to think the odd choice of intro music could work towards his advantage.

“Everyone else has some bland party-rock or bro-country song, but I wanted to be different”, Busch explained.  “The passionate vocals of Bill Champlin will help to soothe my psyche as I walk onto the stage, helping me to remember that, but for a few more fleeting weeks, I will be a part of a professional family that I helped build.  And what better mindset to have before a race than wistful melancholy?”

www.doesthistrackhavelights.com NEW!


www.spaderacing.com updated four times weekly


www.facebook.com/spaderacing


www.twitter.com/spaderacing


Visit the store


Buy the book


A MOXOC Media production

www.moxoc.com