The Greatest (and possibly Last) Day of My Life Awaits!



This Sunday, I may or may not be able to write a "Cool Down Lap" article after the race at Talladega.  Why?  Because my parents bought me a 10-lap race around Dover International Speedway!
That's right--I'm going to drive a stock car at speeds over 100mph around a high-banked one-mile oval!  And I might die!
Now, obviously, I hope I don't die.  Ironically, driving a stock-car is on my list of things to do BEFORE I die, so while this would technically satisfy that goal, I wouldn't be able to achieve other ones (like visiting Europe or finding the world's best pastrami sandwich).  Here's what YOU need to know:

--I'll be going through a driver orientation, then take 10 tentative laps around the track before pulling into the garage.  Basically, I'll be starting and parking.  Mackler 10 DNF (Fear).
--I'll try and get my marking-manager/driving-coach/dad to get lots of pictures so I can post them here.  That's right, you'll finally get to see what I look like when equally elated and terrified.
--If it rains, look for me to post some insane rants about a conspiracy involving Darrell Waltrip, NOAA, and "The Vortex Commission".

So anyways, I'll still be putting up a "News" & Notes article on Friday, and hopefully I can make it back to watch most of the Sunday race.  Oh, and hopefully I don't die.