Carl Edwards--Is it REALLY Bad Luck?



In what seems like a running theme for the 2012 season, Carl Edwards suffered mechanical problems in tonight's ThisRaceShouldBe400Miles 500.  But is it actually "bad luck"?  We went to Carl for the story:

"Well, yes, we have a green car, which is historically seen as a bad omen in Nascar, but I don't think that luck has anything to do with it.  I just had a bad day, is all--it started before the race.  Like when I had my Subway sandwich for lunch, and I knocked the salt shaker off the table.  I mean, what are the odds of it hitting a mirror and cracking it?  Speaking of cracks, I almost tripped when I stepped on a crack in the concrete on a sidewalk here in the infield--almost landed on that black cat that kept darting in front of me.  And then it looked like it was going to rain, so I opened my umbrella indoors and put my shoes up on the table.  But it didn't rain--in fact, when I walked out to my car, the #13 car right in front of me was bone-dry!  I tell ya, sometimes it just isn't your day--but at least I didn't bang my head on that ladder I walked under."

Carl then had to leave, as a bird had just flown into his house.