Bruton Smith Suggesting Having Oil on Track for Final 10 Laps of Every Race


(NOTE--Scroll down to the next article for my personal experience watching today's race)

Shortly after the thrilling ending to today's race at Watkins Glen, an unprompted Bruton Smith began contacting media members nationwide to suggest spreading oil on the track at the end of EVERY race.
"You saw how crazy that ending was--we should have that every week!", said Smith.  "If we put oil on every track for the last 10 laps of EVERY race, we'll have crazy endings to EVERY race!  Take it from me--I'm the guy who came up with night racing, celebrity racing, and the Kentucky traffic pattern."
Smith already formulated a plan to put the oil onto the track, at least according to him.
"Well, we'll already have cautions every 20-30 laps like I suggested earlier this year", Smith said, "so it'll be easy to have a truck run out there and drip some oil onto the track.  I can have a water truck turned into the zMax Track Lubricator in a matter of days."
Smith pointed out that, while Nascar has yet to get back to him on his Figure-8 Track Layout idea, he feels that they will respond much quicker to this one.
"Come on, who can say 'No' to excitement?  I'm the man who came up with racing stock cars, I know what I'm talking about here!  Hey, if Brian (France, Nascar CEO/Karmin Fan) doesn't want it, I'll just form my own racing series, like I've said I would do since 1950.