Brad Daugherty, Brad Daugherty’s Giant Novelty Fork Join NBC Sports


Nascar team owner and former basketball star Brad Daugherty has been hired by NBC Sports as an analyst for its remaining 2020 coverage.  Brad Daugherty’s Giant Novelty Fork has also been hired by NBC Sports to complement its 2020 coverage, particularly through the upcoming Nascar Playoffs.

Image courtesy ESPN

“Its a real thrill to join NBC and NBCSN for its top-notch coverage”, Daugherty said.  “I have more than a little experience going back to my days at ‘The Worldwide Leader’ (ESPN) and I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge as a team owner, a longtime athletic competitor, and a lifelong fan.”

“It’ll be great to come back to the sport I love”, Brad Daugherty’s Giant Novelty Fork said in a statement issued to its legions of fans.  “I’ve been ‘on the shelf’ as it were since ESPN lost its Nascar coverage, but I’ll be polishing up in preparation for some intense Nascar action!”

Daugherty made his mark by providing the unique point-of-view of a Nascar team owner during his tenure at ESPN.  Brad Daugherty’s Giant Novelty Fork made its mark by being used by Daugherty to emphasize his point that certain drivers were “done” as far as advancing in the Playoffs was concerned (as in “Stick a fork in him, he’s done”).

“There’s plenty of preparation involved”, said Daugherty, “getting to know my new co-workers, brushing up on what’s going on in the Xfinity Series, and making sure people don’t list me as ‘Brad Daughtry’ on my on-screen graphic.  But I’ll be ready to go by next weekend.”

“There’s plenty of preparation involved”, said Brad Daugherty’s Giant Novelty Fork, “getting to know my new co-workers, brushing up on what’s going on in the Xfinity Series, and making sure Kyle Petty doesn’t try to beat me to death with his guitar.  But I’ll be ready to go by next weekend.”