Opening a Sealed Box of 2019 Donruss Racing Cards PACK 23


Recently I got a sealed box of 2019 Donruss Racing Cards—24 packs, 8 cards per pack.  Join me as I go through the entire case, pack-by-pack, to see what awaited me. (Click any picture to enlarge)

PACK 23 OF 24: Joey Says Hello, DW’s Mellow, and Sooo Much Yellow

OVERVIEW: Yellow is the theme of this pack, supporting my belief that it just might be the most-overused color in Nascar.  We also get a particularly chill-looking Darrell Waltrip, perhaps due to finally getting a check from DiGard that cleared.

SPECIAL SPECIAL: I have no idea what Austin Dillon is trying to do in that picture, but it simultaneously looks realistic AND fake.

IN FOCUS: Joey Logano’s CONTENDERS card (which, unfortunately, came out blurry on the back) serves as a reminder of just how young he is while also reminds us just how long he’s been racing in Cup.

SPOTLIGHT: Ryan Newman’s OPTIC card tells a bit of a white lie when saying that “Talladega tests the skills and endurance of every racer.”  Well then why do guys like Lennie Pond and Bobby Hillin gets wins there and never win again?

SCORE: 6 fender rubs out of 10