Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Becomes First Person With Mullet Associated With a Bank


Though today’s race didn’t go as well as he’d have liked, driver/Danica’s boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr. did set a unique record today:  He became the first person in recorded history with a mullet to be professionally associated with a major bank.
I call this style the "Trying Too Hard"
“We (Roush-Fenway) have Bubba Wallace Jr., the first African-American to win a race in the modern era in a touring series”, Stenhouse said post-wreck.  “We have Ryan Reed, who last weekend became the first person with diabetes to win in a touring series.  Well, I’m glad that I was able to make a little history of my own.”
Stenhouse Jr. has been sponsored in recent years by Fifth Third Bank (stylized 5/3), but this is the first season in which he has grown out the back of his hair, forming a curl just behind his firesuit collar.
“I know it might be strange to see a guy with a ‘Tennessee Topper’ wearing a bank company’s logo, but here I am”, Stenhouse said.  “Hey, come to think of it, I’m wearing a 5/3 hat aren’t I?  Guess that really makes it ‘Business in the front, Party in the back!’”.
Stenhouse Jr.’s day ended early when he was involved in a late-race wreck.  However, with his place in the history books secured, he was in good spirits.

“Y’know, since I moved up to Cup, I’ve learned that you can’t always win”, Stenhouse said.  “You can’t always finish top-five.  You can’t always get a top-ten.  Heck, you can’t even always qualify for every race.  But if you have a little ingenuity and a lot of spare time on your hands, you can make history.”