Picking a New Driver for 2015


As I stated earlier, my favorite driver Marcos Ambrose is no longer racing in Cup.  Now, through running this site, I don't really have as much of a "rooting interest" as I had before, but its still fun to have someone to cheer for.
Derrike, your my second choice,
Stay Sweet, Mike.
So who did I pick?
Well, because I'm intensely negative and quite pessimistic, I think it would make more sense to see who I WOULDN'T pick.  Here's that list, and a stupid reason why for each of them:

Now, I don't want to be known as a frontrunner, so that knocks out all the recent champions--Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart.

I also would prefer to root for a driver who's closer to the start of their career than the end, so that eliminates Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth.

I don't want to root for someone for the second time, so that nixes my favorite driver of the early part of this millennium, Ryan Newman.

I also would rather watch a Champ Car race from the late-90's than say that I'm supporting Michael Waltrip, so so-long to Clint Bowyer and Brian Vickers.

Legacy kids irritate me, so that means no chance for a slew of drivers: Casey Mears,  Austin Dillon, Paul Menard--well, pretty much anybody associated with RCR.

Furthermore, I have an intense dislike for the personalities of bullies, whiners, and whining-bullies, taking out Denny Hamlin (bully), Joey Logano (whiner), Carl Edwards (bully), Kyle Busch (whining-bully), Kurt Busch (whining-bully), Kasey Kahne (whiner), and Aric Almirola (whiner, though strangely only about Brian Scott).

Though I'm not a front-runner, I would prefer someone who has a chance to run up front more than once or twice a year.  That knocks-out Martin Truex Jr., Sam Hornish Jr., AJ Allmendinger, Trevor Bayne, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Danica Patrick, and everybody who gets wrecked by Danica Patrick (Front Row Motorsports, TBR, BK Racing, etc.)

By my calculations that leaves only two drivers--who, oddly enough, are teammates:  Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson.  Both of them seem like real professionals and jam-up guys--how should I break the tie?

Well, the only way I know how to make ANY decision--who has less hair-gel on a regular basis?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my NEW favorite driver for 2015:  KYLE LARSON!!!