Hurricane Hijinks



I'm happy to report that everyone here at Spade Racing is fine after weathering Hurricane Sandy (and by everyone, I mean me).  For the rest of you who live in a hurricane target zone, here's a few pointers on how to survive the next big one:

--After a hurricane comes on shore, it may stall over land, otherwise known as "Start and Park"ing.

--Be sure you have a Universal Power System backup for your computer.  That way, you can keep up-to-date with what FedEx depot Denny Hamlin is visiting on Wednesday.

--Always have a "to go" bag ready in case you are told to evacuate.  But only take the essentials--a change of clothes, necessary medications, and your Tony Stewart workout DVD.

--If the power goes out, take some quiet time to work on a long-delayed project.  Take me, for instance--I put the finishing touches on my false advertising lawsuit against Front Row Motorsports.

--You can still support your favorite drivers by patronizing their sponsors before the storm hits.  After all, what better time is it to buy a Caterpillar bulldozer than right before a natural disaster?

--If even an inch of water seeps into your house, climb on a chair to keep from drowning (Jason Leffler only).

--As always, stay calm, stay safe, and stay alert.  Or just do what I did and get really drunk.