Foundational Bricks—The 1994 Brickyard 400: 39th, Derrike Cope

Join me as I take a look back every Monday at the starting lineup for one of the biggest races in NASCAR history, the inaugural Brickyard 400. 


Starting 39th: Derrike Cope #02 Children’s Miracle Network Taylor Racing Ford


Finished: 27th


Career Highlights: Two Cup Series race wins, 1990 Daytona 500 winner, StarCom Racing founder, subject of a book by Brock Beard.


Cope (in the 02) with AJ Foyt behind him at
the Brickyard
Total Brickyard 400 Starts: 5


Best Brickyard 400 Finish: 14th (1996)



"I had just lost my ride with Cale Yarborough and went with a team who had not qualified for a race in 1994-- the 02 car.  I made the race for them in a race that had 80 cars entered.  I think we finished
27th, a good moral victory" --Derrike Cope


1994 Fun Fact: Despite racing for three different teams in 1994, Derrike still attempted every single race in 1994.  He was like a utility infielder—plug him in anywhere and he’ll improve performance.



www.spaderacing.com updated four times weekly


www.facebook.com/spaderacing


www.twitter.com/spaderacing


Visit the store https://www.cafepress.com/spaderacing


Buy the book 100 Stock Car Racing What Ifs Unauthorized


Does this track have lights?


A MOXOC Media production

www.moxoc.com