Brickyard "News" and Notes



--Hey, Allmendinger fans:  Don't take it so hard.  Just think of it as AJ running one less lap than Joe Nemechek.
--Jeremy Mayfield says that he chose to fight his own positive drug test because, "I wasn't going to sit there and be a puppet no more."  Yeah, because having spent most of your adult life schilling for corporate sponsors does NOT make you a puppet.
--I like to think I know all the drivers, but I've never even HEARD of the guy in the 49 car this weekend.  And what kind of name is "TBA" anyways?
--I saw Danica Patrick being interviewed by Katie Couric on ESPN a few days ago.  Given that Johanna Long gets about 1/1,000,000th of the attention that Danica gets, she should be interviewed by someone with 1/1,000,000th of the respect as Katie Couric, right?  But HOW do I get in contact with her?
--Nascar's TV ratings may be impacted by the Summer Olympics.  Because really, the Badminton and motorsports demographics are identical.