Kyle Larson: “It’s Like I Have A Bullseye On My Back”


Joey Logano won tonight’s All-Star Race, but most of the talk was about Kyle Larson’s amazing performance in both the Showdown and the “main event”, which left the young racer feeling as though there was a target on him.
“It’s like I have a bullseye on my back”, a dejected Larson said post-race.  “It’s like every time I feel like we’re gonna take this 42 car into victory lane, we get taken out by something—a faster car, bad luck, something.  It’s almost like the racing gods are taking target practice with us.”
Despite a promising start to his career and a wealth of talent, Larson has been kept out of victory lane in the Sprint Cup Series.
“When we hit the wall tonight, I just thought, ‘Jeez, I’m sure the competition is doing Cartwheels watching us lose it here’”, Larson said.  “Then again, it’s not the first time a 42 car has lost this race with a wreck near the end.”

Joey Logano was unavailable for comment as he was reveling in ruining everybody’s good night.