Joey Logano Defeats Mark Martin In The Name of Ted Musgrave



Joey Logano's win in today's Pure Michigan 400 not only solidified his Chase for the Cup chances--it also helped him live out a dream he's had since he was a little boy.  That dream is to destroy Mark Martin at every opportunity for stymying Ted Musgrave's Cup career at Roush Racing.
"Woo!  We beat that old man again!", Logano said upon exiting his car in Victory Lane.  "Every time you can beat that Valvoline-sponsored, Reese's-eating, resource-stealing driver, its a GOOD day!
What a hero looks like
"This is all for Ted Musgrave, as is everything in my career", Logano continued after a shower of confetti.  "'Mad Dog' Musgrave, he's been a hero of mine ever since I can remember.  And seeing him get second-rate equipment week-after-week in the early-90's, it made me determined.  Determined to win.  And determined to beat Mark Martin every chance I got!"
Logano, who held up 10 fingers and six toes in honor of Musgrave's 16 car (during his Roush days), said that Martin has been his biggest enemy since his childhood days.
"Oh, it was WAY before the whole 'sliced bread' thing", said Logano, in reference to Martin's famous assessment of Logano's talent.  "When I put Mark in the wall at Pocono last year, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.  All those years of watching Family Channel, paying extra for PrimeStar satellite service, they finally came together.  But it really only made me hungrier for more.  And today, we got more!"
Martin, for his part, was conciliatory in his post-race comments.
"Joey obviously was a huge Ted Musgrave fan growing up, and I understand that.  He's a great competitor on the track, and if 'gunning' for me makes him a better driver, so be it.  Besides, I'm far more-focused on seeking my revenge against Richard Childress for 1990".