Indianapolis "News" and Notes



PROGRAMMING NOTE:  Weather-permitting, I'll be attending this Sunday's ARCA race with my awesome dad, which means that I'll be missing Nascar's most-boring race of the year.

--Congratulations, Nascar:  You successfully put on a Truck Series race on dirt that I couldn't watch.  EVERYTHING Nascar does should conform to MY schedule!  That's why I want to see RaceHub on at 4:30am every morning!

--Still no news on a possible sponsor for Dale Earnhardt Jr.  If this goes on any longer, he MIGHT have to start starting-and-parking to make ends meet.

--Ryan Newman is running a "Smurfs 2" paint scheme this weekend.  Yes, really.  This makes sense, since he and Smurfette voice-artist Katy Perry have about the same cup size.

--I'm guessing that last week's winner Brian Vickers will spend this off-weekend figuring out how he could win a race and still not be guaranteed a ride for next season.

--Considering how dirty those bricks must be, I'm hoping the crews have enough sense to use dental dams.