Timmy Hill Votes Self for Most Popular Driver


Journeyman Nascar driver Timmy Hill confirmed today that, earlier this week, he voted himself in online balloting for Nascar’s Most Popular Driver.
“I was on (Nascar).com looking to see if they had any of my merch(andise) for sale and I saw the ad to vote”, Hill said when reached for comment.  “So I figured why not—might as well.”
Hill, while ineligible for Cup Series points, has competed in several Cup Series races so far this year for MBM Motorsports, making him eligible for Most Popular Driver voting.  Hence why he was included on the ballot with favorites such as Chase Elliott, Chase Elliott, and Chase Elliott.
“I know Chase (Elliott) is the odds-on favorite to win, but you never know”, Hill said.  “Frankly, I was happy that I didn’t have to write my name in like I used to do in the past.  Er, I mean, that’s what I’ve been told other people had to do.”
Hill has made over seven dozen starts in the Cup Series over the past decade and while failing to post a single top-ten race finish, he has acknowledged that he has established himself to a certain degree.
“I’m glad that when team owners need a guy who can bring the car home clean, they know to call me”, Hill said.  “And I might not be the fastest, or the richest, or the speediest, or even the most-popular, but at least I might be the 47th most-popular this year.”
When reached for comment Nascar officials stated that Hill was currently in last-place in voting with totals “…in the single-digits”, reportedly trailing such drivers as BJ McLeod, Stanton Barrett, and write-in candidate Mike Rotch.