Bloom is off the Rose



Carl Edwards, rumored to be the biggest free-agent in Nascar this offseason, drove to a win at Sonoma Raceway today.  But when he exited the car in Victory Lane, it wasn't a win that people wanted to talk about…

Spade Racing Pit Reporter: Carl, let me ask you now. It seems as though there is an opening, the American public is very curious. Are you willing to show future plans, admit that you are leaving Roush-Fenway or something to that effect?

Carl Edwards: Not at all, man. I'm not going to admit to something that isn't happening yet. I know you're getting tired of hearing me say that. But I appreciate the ovation. I appreciate the great job my team did. I'm just a small part of a big deal tonight.

Reporter: With the overwhelming evidence that you're leaving...
At least Carl can get into HIS Hall of Fame

Edwards: No. This is too much of a festive afternoon to worry about that because I don't know what evidence you're talking about. I mean, show it to me...

Reporter: Well, Jayski says...

Edwards: Well, why do we want to believe everything he says?

Reporter: Carl, those who will hear this today will say that Roush-Fenway is holding you back. How do you respond to that?

Edwards: In what way are you talking about?

Reporter: By not acknowledging what seems to be overwhelming evidence--*COUGH* Michigan *COUGH*.

Edwards: Yeah, I'm surprised you're bombarding me like this. I mean I'm doing an interview with you on a great day, a great occasion, a great ovation. Everybody seems to be in a good mood. And you're bringing up something that happened last week.

Reporter: I'm bringing it up because I think people would like to see ... Carl, we've got to go, we've got a press dinner to make.

Edwards: This is a prosecutor's brief, not an interview, and I'm very surprised at you. I am, really.

Reporter: Some would be surprised that we've made it this far into an interview on TNT without audio issues.